- It was a hectic day getting back into the swing of things. Students had some time for silent reading, then we discussed the illustrated poetry assignment – the expectation was that it would be submitted today, but like expected, there were many setbacks. Students need to send/share the file with Mrs. Charlton tonight in anticipation for sharing the videos in class tomorrow. If you need to upload a file, make sure to come to class before the bell rings.
- Some issues with google slides: adding auto-advance — Go to File – publish to the web. There it allows you to the advance time on slides, then creates a link you can then send to Mrs. C.
- Google slides: adding music. You can’t add music per say, but you can add a music video file from the web. Go to Insert, Video, then add the youtube or other URL and it will embed directly in the slide.
- If you are using PowerPoint and adding music, make sure to have the music file and the powerpoint file saved together – the easiest way is to bring both to class on a memory stick.
- REMINDER: No novel reflection is due today. We are stalling them until further notice.
- Today students also did some work with providing feedback on another student’s assignment. We co-constructed success criteria, and students filled out a rubric with comments. We will reflect back on this activity next week.
- Today we finished watching the film The Pursuit of Happyness, and students responded to the question: What comment is being made in this movie about what it means to be human? Responses were to be in proper PPE format (Point, Proof, Explanation).
- We also spent some time today going over some of the questions on the anticipation guide for the upcoming class novel – Shattered.