- Silent reading.
- Discussion of next poetry assignment – the Illustrated Poem. Details for this assignment can be found on the English 421 page, under October files. Students are to write an original poem, and set it to images via slideshow presentation, movie, or illustrated book. Students will have time for independent work on the assignment in the library tomorrow, Thursday, and Monday.
- Students had some time to work on improving our class Halloween poem from Friday. They worked in teams to revise the poem by looking specifically at improving the organization, work choice, mood and rhythm. Some of the end results were pretty amazing. We will find time to share these later this week.
- REMINDER: Illustrated poetry assignment due next Thursday, November 12th.
- Students worked independently on their novel assignment. It is due on Thursday. Students are responsible to prepare a book talk, with a slideshow or other visual, and compose a written report. Assignment details can be found on the English 431 page under October files.
- Tomorrow we will work on speaking & listening outcomes.