- Poetry recitations were wrapped up today.
- We reviewed novel reflections, highlighting on the expected level of expectation of responses, using student samples as a guide.
- We began analyzing poetry – we used the poetry analysis assignment sheet, and started going through the questions for the song “The Sound of Silence” by Paul Simon. The lyrics for this can be found on the English 421 site. For tomorrow, students need to respond to the questions on their analysis sheet, relating to what the pome is about, the tone and mood, and explaining 3 significant poetic devices used. We will discuss these responses in class tomorrow, and look at other aspects of the poem.
- Reminder: Novel Reflection #2 is due tomorrow.
- Silent reading and novel response time.
- Reading strategy activities, dealing with song “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman. See the song and activities on the English 431 page.