- We continued an overview of the 6 traits of writing, focusing on organization. Students looked back to yesterday’s story, “Mirror Image”, and discussed how the author organized her ideas. See the 6 Traits Overview slideshow for details and questions.
- Students then began plotting out their stories on a storyboard. Blank templates of the storyboard can be found on the English 421 page.
- REMINDER: a complete draft of the narrative writing assignment is due on Friday for peer revision.
- We looked at a graphic story today – “John Joseph: The Boy Whose Last Name is a First Name”. Students worked on a question sheet, and also began writing the next scene.
- REMINDER: All September portfolio items are due tomorrow. There will be some class time given to organize materials, and the rest spent finishing up the John Joseph stories, and then reading a news article.