- Students shared around their John Joseph graphic story continuation pieces to receive peer feedback.
- Writer’s notebook entry: Describe something about your morning (getting up, breakfast, traveling to school, the weather, etc.). Make sure to include vivid details (sights, sounds, smells, tastes, what you feel).
- Stereotype discussion continued. We looked at an article where an artist had a few Aboriginal Canadians draw on their own photographs with red marker in a way they felt they were perceived/stereotyped by others sometimes.
- For homework: students were given a gender neutral image (to represent themselves) and are asked to draw on it with red marker how they feel they are stereotyped/perceived by others.
- Students shared a fun thing they did over the weekend.
- We read a section from The Book of Awesome aloud, then discussed where writer’s get ideas. We watched part of a TED talk featuring the author of the book, Neil Parisha, and where he gets ideas for writing.
- Students did a group brainstorming activity for their writing piece to go along with their personal crest/collage assignment, then they continued with the writing of their pieces.