I have been slack this week to keep up with posts! My apologies – I have been busy with other tasks.
- This week so far we have reach chapters 3, 4 & 5 from Lord of the Flies. Tonight students are responsible for reading up to the end of chapter 6.
- We have completed many in-class activities and discussions around the novel, including creating a title for the novel made up of symbolic images, beginning to sketch some details of the main characters, and responding to questions on the issues of fear & problems with humanity raised in the novel.
- Students should have completed the Book of Awesome entry and booklet activities.
- We have completed a few notebook entries.
- We began a new writing unit, the Personal Playlist assignment, that will incorporate many skills: research and incorporating quotations, developing responses in PPE method (point, proof, explanation), and also some personal narrative writing. We started with an introductory listening activity today.