Today we had shortened classes, as we had an assembly to celebrate Clara Hughes, as part of Bell Canada’s Clara’s Big Ride event to end the stigma of mental health issues.
- An introduction to the novel Lord of the Flies. The slideshow can be found on the English 421 page. We will be starting to read this tomorrow, so students were asked to go pick up their copy of the novel from the library.
- A brief team activity: Surviving on a deserted island – to get students thinking about the setting and plot of the novel.
- Reminder: the character descriptive paragraph assignment is due on Thursday, but we will be revising and editing rough drafts on Wednesday.
- Silent reading.
- Notebook activity: Recording descriptive words and phrases from a Book of Awesome entry, recognizing how richly detailed it is.
- Writing: continuing working on the draft Book of Awesome entry.