- We are winding down into the final assessment. In class, students have been working on brainstorming and processing ideas for the final assessment essay, creative product and presentation. In class today, students presented their A Midsummer Night’s Dream creative projects as practice for the final assessment, then we listened to Act 5 of the play.
- Today, students submitted their revised thesis statements and working evidence for their essays – this material will be returned tomorrow, with comments and suggestions.
- The final assessments are scheduled as follows:
- Block A – Monday, June 16
- Block B – Tuesday, June 17
- Times have been scheduled as follows: 9:00-10:00, 10:00-11:00, 12:20-1:30, 1:30-2:30, and each student is slotted for a particular time period. On the assessment date, students will share and present their final products, and submit their 1500 word essays.
- This week we are wrapping up the Personal Playlist assignment. Students must submit their final typed essay on Thursday, and will also present one of their songs to the class on that day. The essay must include an introduction, conclusion, and 8 body paragraphs that each follow PPE format and incorporate their song selections, with personal connections.